Caro Tango


Soon they will come. First we will hear

the sound of their boots approaching at dawn

then they'll appear through the mist.

In their death-bringing uniforms

they will march towards our homes

their guns and tanks pointing forward.

They will be confronted by young men

with rusty guns and boiling blood.

These are our young men

who took their short-lived freedom for granted.

We will lose this war, and blood

will cover our roads, mix with our

drinking water, it will creep into our dreams.

Keep your head down and stay in doors -

we've lost this war before it has begun


Invasion




The one you have finished examining

is my son. That is the milky coloured Kurdish

suit his father tailored for him, the blue shirt

his uncle gave to him. Your findings prove

that it is him - he was a tall fifteen year old,

was left handed, had broken a rib.


I know she too has been looking for her son

but you have to tell her that this is not him.

Yes the two of them were playmates and fought

the year before. But it was my son who broke

a rib, hers only feigned to escape trouble.


That one is mine! Please give him back to me.

I will bury him under on verge of my garden -

the mulberry tree will offer him its shadow,

the flowers will earnestly guard his grave,

the hens will peck on his gravestone,

the beehive will hum above his head.


Dispute Over a Mass Grave 




Neither do the white bodies of the universe

say good morning to her

nor do the handmade stars

give her a kiss.

Earth,where so many roses, fine sentiments are buried,

could die for want of a glance, a scent,

This dusty ball is lonely,

so very lonely,as she sees the moon's patched clothing

and knows that the sun's a big thief

who burns with the many beams he has taken

for himself and who looks at the moon and the earth

like lodgers.


The Lonely Earth


Choman Hardi




I want no flowers,

no epoch of union,

no dawn of disunion.

I want no flowers

for I am the loveliest flower.

I want no kisses

if for a true wrist

I must hold some knight –

no epoch of marriage,

no dawn of divorce,

no widow's fever.

I want no kisses

if, along with love, I become a martyr.

I want no tears

over the coffin or me, a corpse.

I want no cherry tree of sympathy

dragged to the walls of my grave,

no flowers or kisses,

no tears or miseries.

Bring nothing.

Hold nothing.

I die as a homeland without a flag, without a voice.

I am grateful.

I want nothing.

I will accept nothing.


Were I a Martyr



The vague mirror of my time

broke because

it made what was small big

and what was big small.

Dictators and monsters filled its face.

Even now as I breathe

its shards pierce the walls of my heart

and instead of sweat

I leak glass.


Mirror

Kajal Ahmad

 


Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Palavra

Átimo Sempre

Herbarium Amoris